Monday 31 May 2010

Summer League 2010 - Final Day (May 29, 2010)




Final day of the Summer League proved to be an exciting one since this will be the day that the best team in each of the pool will be crowned as Champions. Though my team, The Disc Kulits, is already out of contention, we are still there to snatch a win to avoid finishing our first-ever league at the bottom of the standings. Though we won via default (what a way to win, right???), we still played against the combined line-up of Minerva, Tiyanaks and Monsters for a sort of tune-up match. It seems that all of us already relaxed so we lost the game, 11-5.

We stayed the whole afternoon to watch the semifinals and finals games in all the pools. In the Pool C championship, Space Grapes won over LU-One while Xavier 2 took the top prize in Pool B against DUO One. Sunken Pleasures defeated Sexual Chocolate to snatch the Pool A trophy.

Watching the games of the top teams was really inspiring! It encouraged me to continue improving my skills on the sport that previously I'm not really interested playing since I thought I can't run fast to catch the flying disc. I need to improve, but I will take it one day at a time... Magiging magaling din ako! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment